Víctor Escudero Rubio
Sobre Víctor Escudero Rubio:
Experienced Information Security Manager with more than 20 years in the IT industry. Solid technical knowledge coupled with managerial skills. Skilled leadership managing teams through commitment. Expertise in delivering security solutions from the very beginning designing the architecture, selecting and negotiating with suppliers, product testing, to final put into production and post-implementation maintenance and support.
Leadership Motivation of cross-functional teams Lateral thinker
Complex problem solving Teamwork Communication
Fujitsu Spain Jun’21-Oct’22
Cyber Security Project Manager
Responsible for the internal Security of services delivered by Fujitsu to its customers.
- Design and implement a Security Master Plan that details the roadmap for all program initiatives, addresses their dependencies, and prioritizes them based on risk and cost-benefit analysis.
- Governance and Risk Management of several security incidents that originated on Fujitsu’s customers but none of them affected Fujitsu security.
- DNS protection against application layer DDoS attacks and volumetric attacks of several million requests per second.
- Hardening and certification of the fundraising portal of the European Union (several MM€ per year)
Head of Cybersecurity Program Management Office
Management of a team of 8 highly qualified senior Project Managers.
- Delivery of complex cyber security projects for strategic and core customers.
Head of Innovation & Cloud Technologies
Responsible of the Innovation & Cloud Technologies Dpt.
- Full migrations of key customers from on-premises environments to Azure and Amazon AWS services keeping their PCI-DSS certifications and optimizing their costs.
Manager of Integration Department
Responsible for the Integration Department (15 people), which carries out the implementation and setup of cyber security products and solutions for S21sec customers in Spain and Portugal.
- Full Key Performance metrics of the Integration Department and profitability ratios (EBITDA, Incomes and margins).
Banco Popular (Necsia IT Consulting) Apr’16-Aug’17
Design and setup security architectures based on best practices, state of the art technologies and proven security solutions to Banco Popular.
- TLS/SSL web communications securitization through new cipher suites and protocols (PFS, elliptic curve crypto, HSTS, Public key pinning, Certificate Transparency, etc.)
- Network segmentation based on PCI-DSS
- VPN SSL technology migration from Juniper to F5 BigIP APM with 2nd factor auth.
- PoC of Anti-APT solutions from FireEye, TrendMicro, McAfee and Blue Coat.
- VPN-SSL migration from Juniper to F5
- StoneGate and Palo Alto firewall rules optimization via AlgoSec.
- McAfee’s DLP network deployment in corporate Blue Coat proxies.
- Design of mail security protections with Symantec cloud and anti-spam countermeasures (DKIM, DMARC, SPF, ForceTLS, …)
- Excellent teamwork in Banco Popular get a high score in INCIBE’s CiberEx (Simulation and Technical cybersecurity exercise).
- Large reduction of security flaws coming from internal security audits, thanks to the management of the vulnerabilities and the implementation of security controls.
Logicalis Spain Jul’15-Feb’16
Service Delivery & Transition Manager
Transition Manager for Vodafone & Service Delivery Manager for Produban’s Unix Administration and Big Data services.
- Creation of host hardening guidelines and procedures based on corporate security standards.
- Deployment of fine grained access controls to hadoop data nodes with Sentry.
- Automatization of system admin tasks with Ansible scripts (python based) and shell scripts.
- Security and Compliance reports to Senior Management.
- Acting as the Transition Manager for Vodafone, I managed to integrate and transform Ono’s resourcing model into a well Managed Service for Vodafone after their acquisition and merging.
Altran Innovación 2009-2014
Head of Cybersecurity Program Management Office
Responsible for the delivery of projects and services for the Telecom division of Altran, my main task was the execution of IT complex projects for the customers.
- Lead of a highly skilled engineering team of 30 specialists in core, distribution and access networks.
- Installation of network decoys to detect abnormal behavior from users and staff.
- IPv6 Carrier-Grade Nat and Dual-Stack implementation in Alcatel-Lucent’s infrastructure, mainly Juniper, Cisco and Teldat. IPSec deployment in 6in4 tunnels between Alcatel and their partners.
- Acting as a Security Consultant and internal Auditor for Telefónica Global Solutions, I enabled the attainment of the ISO 27001 certification in Information Security and the ISO 20000 certification in Service Management.
- Deep Research study analyzing the pros and cons regarding the security and licensing costs of common enterprise software if installed on premises versus in the cloud or hybrid models. This study was used as a reference in the offering portfolio of the company and let Altran gain customer recognition as a software integrator.
Sun Microsystems, (now Oracle) 2005-2009
Directly reporting to the Top Accounts Manager in Sun Iberia, my mission was to back the sales organization to increase the revenue on products and services on managed accounts. Fulfillment of customer satisfaction objectives, leading the management of key projects and participating in strategic planning, contract design and renewal.
- Management of Multivendor support services for top customers. Once a customer was satisfied with the support of Sun’s products, my responsibility was to engage the customer in a long term relationship through a high quality support contract, integrating every technology they had in their datacenters, including those from our competitors.
- Lead of a cross functional team of engineers focused on third party product support (networks, storage, servers, middleware, databases, software integration, etc.)
- Supplier management of 15-20 suppliers in back to back contracts for every multi-vendor contract for a customer. Contract negotiation, SLA optimization.
- Design of RFQ for Auna/ONO and defense of the offering to the customer that finally was awarded with a 3 year contract (€2.5M - €3M Euro deal).
- I succeeded in shortening the average restoration time from 6h20m for critical incidents to less than 3 hours as agreed in the SLA with the customer. This required the creation of new escalation procedures with every supplier, satisfying all the training needs of the engineers by providing them with solving and troubleshooting skills as well as specialized knowledge in customer's infrastructure and applications.
Sun Microsystems (now Oracle) 2002-2005
Technical Support Coordinator
As part of the work team involved in the management of the Critical Mission Solution Center, I led and coordinated a group of support engineers aimed to reach the highest quality levels of maintenance and support services.
Unix Systems & Security Admin
Firewall-1, NIDS and HIPS administration in the security field and administration of SunOS, Solaris and Linux OS.
Silicon multimedia 1999-2000
Technical Support Engineer
Installation and setup of SunOS (Solaris) and Silicon Graphics servers and troubleshooting.
BSc in Computer Science Engineering at 'Universidad Autónoma de Madrid' (1995-2000)
- TOEFL English Certificate: Advanced English (C1)
- CISM ‘Certified information Security Manager’ (Top 5% score in the exam)
- Certified as Project Management Professional, PMP
- Certified as ITIL Expert in Service Management (ITIL Foundation, Srv. Mgmt and ITIL Expert)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Profesionales del mismo sector Tecnología / Internet que Víctor Escudero Rubio
Profesionales de diferentes sectores cerca de Manzanares el Real, Madrid
Otros usuarios que se llaman Víctor
Trabajos cerca de Manzanares el Real, Madrid
Digital Talent Agency Madrid, España De jornada completa
Buscamos un PROGRAMADOR/A JAVA con al menos 2 años de experiencia trabajando en funciones relacionadas. · ¿QUÉ BUSCAMOS DE TI? · Programador con experiencia en Spring Security... · Pros@ y/o component ...
Santander Boadilla del Monte, España
Cloud Security Integration Engineer - Santander Digital ServicesCountry: Spain WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING · SANTANDER DIGITAL SERVICES está buscando un/a CLOUD SECURITY INTEGRATION ENGINEER para nuestra ...
Techyon Espana Madrid, España
Techyon: · Information Technology Recruitment Experts | Head Hunter · Puesto: · Techyon es el primer · Head Hunter exclusivamente especializado en la búsqueda y selección de profesionales senior y ma ...