Sobre Daniel Zatko:
At this point in my life, I am ready to try something new and challenging that will impact the people I work with directly. My name is Daniel Zatko and I would like to obtain a position as an English Teacher with St George's British School Madrid. I received a Diploma in Child and Youth Care Counseling from Mount Royal University and a Degree in Sociology from the University of Calgary. My employment background is in working with adolescents and young learners in various settings.
From my personal experiences, I believe that the quality of formal education is greatly dependent on the person who is entrusted to teach it. Looking back, I learned what kind of teacher I want to become from the teachers who inspired me. Above all, an effective teacher must be engaging, and take genuine interest in the success of his or her students. My personal approach to teaching is based on the idea that education must be personalized. In order to create a desire to learn, students must have a reason for learning that reaches beyond the classroom. Furthermore, I believe that learning should be enjoyable, interactive and student centered.
As a counselor, I assisted with the organization of the clients' daily activities, provided them with effective incentives for choosing prosocial behavior, assessed their daily successes, provided them with tools for achieving independence, and helped resolve conflicts. In Toronto I worked as an ESL instructor, supporting the learning environment for their students and aiding in curriculum development. Most recently I have been working as a Language Assistant in Madrid for the last two years. I am a person who values and practices patience, genuine listening and problem solving. Finally, I am not afraid of failure, but rather see it as an opportunity for growth.
In this application, you will find a detailed resume which includes my past employment, my educational background and my interests related to teaching English. I would truly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person to determine if my skill set and experience would be a good fit with your institution's values. Thank you for taking the time to consider me for a position with your institution.
2022-Present: Language Assistant, Escuela Excelente Madrid, Spain
- Plan and deliver Cambridge preparation classes for grades 1st to 3rd of ESO independently
- Show regular initiative to lead classrooms and deal with challenging situations
- Planned and delivered enjoyable lesson plans for grades 2nd PRI to 3rd of ESO
2020 - 2022: Language Assistant, Spanish Ministry of Education Madrid, Spain
- Develop positive educational relationships with school teachers and students grades 3 to 6
- Develop engaging lesson plans which include Canadian cultural customs and supervised school field trips
- Evaluate students' listening, speaking and writing abilities
2019 - 2020: ESL Instructor, Upper Madison College Toronto, Canada
- Developed original and engaging lesson plans each day for up to 15 students between the ages of 13 and 50
- Corrected assignments and exams in a timely manner and provided constructive feedback
- Became familiar with the school curriculum, online school management system and administrative aspects of school under minimum guidance
2012 - 2018: Child Care Counselor, Hull Child and Family Services Calgary, Canada
- Used routines and activities to give clients security, enabled them to relate to others in socially acceptable ways, helped the clients to understand the need for routines and procedures
- Supervised, organized and implemented daily living activities and used these as opportunities for educational and therapeutic interventions.
- Used systematic plans of instruction, appropriate teaching methods and approaches to transfer information and skills to the clients.
2011 - 2012: Kid’s Club Program Leader, YMCA Calgary, Canada
- Supervised and maintained the safety of up to 14 children at after school YMCA program by assisting them with various activities and by helping to find appropriate solutions to disputes
- Assisted co-worker in planning and facilitating daily activities for kids that promote leadership, caring, teamwork, critical thinking, and creativity.
2016: TESOL/TESL Certification (100 Hours) Calgary, Canada
2013 - 2016: Bachelor's Degree - Bachelor of Arts in Sociology Calgary, Canada
University of Calgary
2009 - 2011: College Diploma - Child and Youth Care Counselor Diploma Calgary, Canada
Mount Royal University
Profesionales del mismo sector Educación / Formación que Daniel Zatko
Profesionales de diferentes sectores cerca de Madrid, Madrid
Otros usuarios que se llaman Daniel
Trabajos cerca de Madrid, Madrid
Colegios RC Madrid, España
Oferta de Empleo - Preschool Teacher Assistant (Substitution): · Datos Empresa: · Empresa: · Colegios RC · Sector: · Colegio Privado · Descripción empresa: · Red internacional de centros educativos de ...
English Connection Azuqueca De Henares, España
We are offering a part time English teacher position to work in our Seseña branch. · Tipo de puesto: · Media jornada · Salario: · A partir de 710,00€ al mes · Horario: · De lunes a viernes · Requisito ...
Colegios RC Madrid, España
Oferta de Empleo - · PRIMARY ENGLISH TEACHER: · Datos Empresa: · Empresa: · Colegios RC · Sector: · Colegio Privado · Descripción empresa: · Red internacional de centros educativos dedicados a la educ ...